New Zealand's Tiling Floor Specialists
When it comes to repairing, refreshing or transforming your floors, there is more to the Curtins Concrete Coatings process than just the application. From beginning to end, we will go the extra mile to ensure that the finished product not only looks beautiful, but will stay beautiful for many years to come. As the decorative floorings specialists in New Zealand, we believe in our process and the great results we have been getting for years.
Read on to find out more about our process.
The Surface Solutions Process:
We work to prepare the surface, including crack treatment, waterblasting, grinding, levelling, waterproofing or even laying new concrete in some areas. A job is only as good as the preparation work carried out, so this part of the process is extremely important.
We mix our cement base with resin, and add the colour blend. We then pour the mix out and trowel the area all over. At this point, we begin the first round of drying. Drying times can vary from 2 hours to 5 hours depending on temperature, sun, and humidity. Once the area is dry, we sand the whole area and apply special tapes to any size or pattern in the design you have chosen.
- Drying and Finishing
After applying the pattern tapes, they are then sealed. The top coat is then mixed up and coloured and is then trowelled onto the whole area again. We then leave this to dry completely for round two for an entire day. After this, the area is then sanded and then the staining is applied. Tapes are then lifted exposing the grout lines and we then apply two coats of glaze or sealer to complete the job.
The Real Benefits:
- You can design customised patterns and colours.
- There are anti-slip options available that are great for pool and patio areas.
- Our wet mix application allows for sealing between cabinets, making it ideal to use in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Your floor will be warmer, and under floor heating will be more effective.
- Curtins Concrete Coatings is approximately half the price of tiles.
- Our product comes with a 2-year warranty, which can be extended to 5 years.